Wednesday 5 October 2011

Final Hike Prep - 28/09/2011

Andrew watching the sun set from Earl's Hill
I met up with Andrew and Prue on the Wednesday night, three days before the Hike, more for a jog than any serious recce. I parked at Habberley, and while I was waiting for them to arrive I jogged across the fields to the caravan where you finish the descent from Vessons Farm and back.

By the time I got back to the pub, Andrew and Prue were there, so we went off up to just gain the open fellside on Earl's Hill before the sun went down. We didn't go to the top, instead heading back to Habberley. I drove us up to Bank Farm and we did the first section of the Shelve leg, going out through Eastridge Wood by the low route to Snailbeach. Andy confirmed my way through Snailbeach was ok, then we ran up the steep road that heads east out of Snailbeach and picked our way back to Bank Farm on some of the mountain bike tracks through the woods...

About 8.4 miles and 1,300' of climbing tonight...

1 comment: