Wednesday 24 August 2011

Raid on Calder Valley - 17/08/2011

I had a business trip to Todmorden (sometimes your luck is just rubbish like that). There are three great clubs in the area: 5 miles to the north are the Whittle and Lantern Pike races (Rossendale), there's Tod Harriers of course in Tod itself, and a few miles east in Mytholmroyd are Calder Valley Fell Runners (CVFR).

Anyway I headed up the Mytholmroyd - Littleborough road for a gentle leg stretch around the reservoirs at Blackstone Edge. I went round the south and east sides of White House Reservoir on the track, much mithered by midges, before heading up over the moorland to Wool Pack Stones. There were no tracks and it's rough up there, so after a dry spell the easiest going was through the peat hags and along the small drainage channels.

I came down between Warland and Light Hazzles Reservois and jogged back to the car on the United Utilities access tracks. The route is plotted here.

PS: Thanks for coming out and seeing me, Mum and Dad. The salmon salad filled a hole but didn't leave me too heavy to run!

No comments:

Post a Comment