Wednesday 15 December 2010

All round the Wrekin - 15/12/2010

I managed to fit in a quick run tonight between work and the office Christmas do. Starting at Forest Glen, I headed up the spur left of the scree gully to Halfway House, and then descended Beeches to the Rifle Range.

From there I ran round the Wrekin, across the col between the Wrekin itself and Little Hill, finishing down the main drag, with a warm down loop round what I call Big Buckatree Pool.

The was very fine snow falling throughout the run. My new Petzl Myo headtorch is a huge improvement on the old Tikka Plus - thanks, Mum!

4.2 miles and 1,180 feet (from the 1:25k map contours). The GPS in my iPhone only recorded 484 feet of ascent though - strangely it gives a much better track in the x,y sense than it does for altitude where there's tree cover.

1 comment:

  1. My better half's a Brummie and 'round the Wrekin' slips out occasionally!

    ReplyDelete