Friday 29 October 2010

Wrekin - Pace Run 27/10/2010

A fairly quick paced run at dusk on the Wrekin.

Started up the main path and then went straight on past the bottom of the Goaty and into the Little Hill col, running about an 8:50 mile pace. From here I hiked fairly hard up the steep ridge to the summit.

It was getting pretty dark, so I put the headtorch on and headed down to the top of the BMX track just under Hell Gate. I was glad I had my Mudclaws on as I went on down the BMX (fairly carefully - need a better headtorch for faster descents!)

I struggled a bit coming up Beeches back to Halfway House, probably due to my early pace, but had a nice run out from the cafe back to Forest Glen down the main path.

Total distance was 4.1 miles, ascent was 910'.

No comments:

Post a Comment